Sunday 6 November 2011

Of Sculptures and the Ocean...

     On Sunday I went on first family outing in what feels like forever - one of the many perks of having finished the HSC!! We went to Bondi for Sculpture by the Sea - an annual display of a HUGE variety of sculptures that line the landscape of a coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama beaches. It's incredible the array of scultpures they have and how cleverly they inhabit the landscape! However, what's even more incredible is the sheer mass of humanity that manages to flock to Bondi!! It took us 2 and a half hours to get to there (granted, there was also track work on the day we went...) but it was definitely worth it! It was such a good day, made even better by the fact that I was able to spend a day with my family, out of the house, with no guilt or worry whatsoever that I should have been doing something else!

     I'm even going back there in a couple of weeks with some friends from school. I'll write more about it and my favourite sculptures after I go with them, as I'll have more time to see everything and take it all in (I didn't end up being able to spend a lot of time there with my family because we had to get back for Youth). I'm really excited to go with my friends - it'll be such a fun day!! Until I write about this year's Sculpture by the Sea, you can see some photos of some of my favourite sculptures from previous years and you'll know what I'm talking about :D
 






No comments:

Post a Comment