Thursday 3 November 2011

The Taste of Freedom...

I won't lie...I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning trying to figure out what to do with myself and generally feeling like I was at a loose end, however Day 2 and I think I'm getting used to this now HSC thing! I have been spending yesterday and today working on my audition monologue for Sydney Theatre School (audition is tomorrow morning!!) and I'm feeling confident with it...well, at least I'm happy with it! Hear's hoping the audition panel feel the same!

     I have recently acquired Season 1 of Packed to the Rafters, possibly my favourite TV show ever and definitely my favourite Australian show. I only started watching it on TV when they were up to about Season 3, though, so I'm loving going back to the very start and seeing how the characters started off and how they've grown up and developed since season 1, especially Rachel - I had no idea she had such a rough and intense start to the show! I've also gained Season 3 of The Big Bang Theory (my favourite sitcom) and so I've been working my way through that as well :D Yes, this is what I do when I've got nothing else to do. I'm going to read back over this in a couple of years and feel sick at how sad and pathetic this is xD 

     Something else I do in my free time is trawl through youtube for interviews with actors - I will, and I think I probably have, sit for hours and watch interviews with actors (real interviews with real actors...I'm not sitting here watching Robert Pattinson talking about what he ate for breakfast...) If you're like me - I highly doubt there is anyone as obsessed with interviews with actors as I am - but if you are, check out this one I found today with Cate Blanchett (ok, so most of the interviews I watch are with Cate Blanchett...what of it?) and Richard Roxburgh talking about Uncle Vanya - a Chekhov play that the Sydney Theatre Company put on last year. You may find it really boring, but I just love sitting and listening to actors talking about their craft!


     Tomorrow I will update you on how my Sydney Theatre School audition went - hopefully with all good news :) I won't know if I've been accepted or not until mid/late December, but I'll tell you how I feel about it! I don't even know if anyone reads this, but if you are, let me know about anything exciting coming up in your life! Are you an actor like me with upcoming auditions or maybe you have a job interview somewhere? Or maybe you're going somewhere in the Christmas holidays that you're really excited for? If you've already left school, can you remember when you finished Yr 12? What did you do in the first couple of days after finishing? Did it feel as weird as it feels for me?

     I'll leave you today with another song that I absolutely love at the moment - last time I showed you 'Pack Up' by Eliza Doolittle and today I'll show you another of my favourites at the moment, and that's 'Set Fire to the Rain' by the simply amazing and stunning Adele. I could list her whole album up here, but I'll just choose this one - enjoy!! 











Until we type again,
Xavier Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment